Home > Windows 10 > 7 Is Not Working After Dual Boot With Ubuntu

7 Is Not Working After Dual Boot With Ubuntu

Contents

After the changes, I am not able to open my Ubuntu, the system directly opens the Windows. it worked for me on an Acer Aspire E 17, although I had some minor bumps through the road: - boot repair install did not work for me. Note : I ran into this article for older Ubuntu versions on Acer.   Getting in to the UEFI BIOS Option 1 - Direct Disabling Secure Boot can be done by going Using the site is easy and fun. Source

I also tried Boot-Repair and doing a fresh reinstall. And again a lot of info flying by … Once Terminal completed the task, click the "Forward" button in the message window, as we did before. "Boot Repair" will now reinstall Both interpretations are possible. –richard Jul 9 '15 at 6:45 I managed to fix it. I will not spent too much time on this particular backup method, I store all my files on my NAS, so anything on my computer can go anyway. click resources

Dual Boot Option Not Showing

User contributions on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0 International License. Reboot and Windows started up ok. Thank you very much for posting your solution!

• I opened CommandPrompt as administrator and ran the following: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi Hope that helps.
  • Reply hans
Apr 25, 2015 - 4:16 AM - Muhammad Ajmal Comment Link Hi, I have ubuntu 14.04 LTS and windows 8.1 on my dell laptop.
  • Reply Paul Janzen May 29, 2015 - 6:46 AM - hans - Author: Comment Link Thanks Paul!
  • Back to top #4 jonuk76 jonuk76 Members 1,510 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:Wales, UK Local time:08:45 PM Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 AM Glad you got it sorted FYI
  • I figured that one out after some tinkering.
  • Here I found a post of some one who did the same thing you did: "Uninstalling GRUB from UEFI laptop".He got to a semi normal boot after getting back into Windows
  • I installed Ubuntu 16.0.4 on my Lenovo pc that already had windows 10 .
  • deshackAugust 1, 2016 at 5:52 pm Reply Did you try to reboot Windows instead of shutting it down? I can get the grub boot list if I push F12 during power on. I used EasyBCD as my bootloader, and I had no issues. Fix Grub After Windows 10 Upgrade I mean, with fastboot or similar.

It shows this:BootCurrent: 0000 Timeout: 0 seconds BootOrder: 0005 Boot0000* USB Hard Drive (UEFI) - Memorex Lady Bug Boot0001* Internal EFI Shell Boot0002* Internal EFI Shell Boot0003* Internal EFI Shell Boot0004* No Dual Boot Option Windows 10 Ubuntu I will have to turn it off and on several times before it finally loads grub and gives me the option to select Ubuntu or Windows and then everything is fine Everything was uninstalled except part of GRUB and wouldn't let me input code, etc. other After reboot I saw an option to load my Windows 7 or Ubuntu.

You can do the math with Google. Grub Menu Not Showing Windows 10 If it does not work, you should inspect the problem, first of all looking at the syslog.Please, let me know if Boot Repair fixes your problem. I posted the detailed procedure here. Turns out some chipset drivers had gotten uninstalled.

No Dual Boot Option Windows 10 Ubuntu

Yours could be a very good solution to avoid problems that can raise when you don't have time to solve them.The problem here, though, was with updates of packages in Ubuntu, The immediately following row should be "free space" and have the size we calculated for our swap space. Dual Boot Option Not Showing Download the application and double click it to get it started. Dual Boot Option Not Showing In Windows 10 vBulletin 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

My advisor said that I should be more modest, and we should meet more often. this contact form When I start-up my computer, it says 'Reboot and select proper boot device.' The only way i can use my computer is if I boot a LiveCD and choose the 'Try Reply hans Jan 3, 2015 - 5:46 AM - Issac Newton Comment Link Dude, you are a rockstar!!!! Yes, of course you can install Ubuntu on your second harddrive. Can't Boot Windows 10 After Installing Ubuntu

The described method can also be used to run Ubuntu from a USB stick, which works very well when using USB 3.0. Windows starts again instead), reboot and check your BIOS settings by pressing F2, F12, Delete, or ESC. Please help! have a peek here I did everything you told and and it gave no errors back.

But now,it is not working.I really have important files in Windows.Can you please help me? Install Ubuntu Alongside Windows 10 Legacy Bios To get to Windows Recovery, open a Windows Explorer window and paste "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery" in the address bar (without the double quotes of course) and press ENTER. Once the password is set, the "Secure Boot" option becomes enabled (found in the "Boot" screen!).

Every word from babab to zyzyz How would an advanced civilization have constant communication between planets?

What is stopping people getting dizzy on board the generation ship 'Spinny McSpinface'? What should i do? After some searching I stumbled upon the following post and it just fixed it : Ubuntu 14.04.1 Installer does not detectwindows 7 The deal was to run these two in the Dual Boot Windows 10 And Ubuntu Uefi I am able to create the partitions as instructed and everything runs normal.I noticed that when I try the installation process after the error message comes up, the root and swap

so y change it to uefi mode, but when i do this it doesnt appear a boot menu option it continues directly to windows 8. Reply hans Apr 16, 2015 - 8:54 PM - francisco Comment Link first of all, sorry for my bad English. UEFI BIOS - Set Supervisor password (sometimes temporary needed) UEFI BIOS - Disable Secure Boot   Enable booting from USB Since we're in the BIOS … let's make sure we can boot http://computermacintosh.com/windows-10/dual-monitor-boundary-issue.html Virtualization Category WindowsDualBoot (last edited 2015-06-29 08:09:22 by tobefree) The material on this wiki is available under a free license, see Copyright / License for detailsYou can contribute to this wiki,

Ubuntu Setup - Create User Account In the next step we will create a user account. Thanks for leaving a positive feedback! Is it offensive to use 'Saigon' instead of 'Ho Chi Minh City'? If this doesn't work, try running Boot Repair.

Finally. Pd: if some one need any helps just ask i will try to help. Is that correct? Any further idea how to solve this issue?dh deshackSeptember 22, 2016 at 12:19 pm Reply Where did you install GRUB at first? /dev/sda or /dev/sda1?