Home > Windows 7 > 6 PC Home Network Permissions/security Question

6 PC Home Network Permissions/security Question

Contents

If you are using an outlook.com e-mail address (let’s say [email protected]), you have a Microsoft account with that address. share|improve this answer answered Aug 6 '13 at 19:30 Taegost 653517 I did that when I first assigned the share. He or she can install anything and make changes that affect all users of that PC. under the sharing and permissions box there is a + - and a cog Click the cog and then select "Apply to enclosed items" a warning box will pop stating are this contact form

Bonus question: How do I setup a Staff user for my PC so that I don't have to let Everyone Read & Write? The world of networking and telecom is filled up to its neck with a plethora of acronyms, thousands of unique terms and phrases. Protocol: includes protocols used and defined in various communications industries . I'm wondering if it is possible to setup this type of access separately from the homegroup. http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224791-6-pc-home-network-permissions-security-question.html

Windows 7 Sharing Permissions Another Computer

If we use the homegroup feature and check the option “Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers”, it also will let the users who have the accounts in Why the h*ll after all these years there isn't a slimmed-down, basic Windows OS version that acknowledges a single entity (the new owner) as the be-all, end-all Administrator with full rights Well the access works to the folders that have the account I created on both computers added to the security permissions. However when you see a SID in Windows it will be displayed using a more readable syntax.

1. Full Control allows you to read, write, modify, and execute files in the folder, change attributes, permissions, and take ownership of the folder or files within.
  2. SIDs are just variable length strings of alphanumeric characters that represent machines, users and groups.
  3. Full Control is the "do anything" of the classic permissions, as it allows for you to do any and all of the previous permissions.
  4. I always verify I'm logging into an https page and my Outlook is set to do all communication securely with servers.
  5. more hot questions question feed about us tour help blog chat data legal privacy policy work here advertising info mobile contact us feedback Technology Life / Arts Culture / Recreation Science

If you have any questions feel free to sound off in the comments. If you want more granularity, I'm not sure if the Homegroup option can cover it. All rights reserved.Newsletter|Contact Us|Privacy Statement|Terms of Use|Trademarks|Site Feedback current community blog chat Super User Meta Super User your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. User Permissions Windows 10 Generally, files inherit the permissions of the folder where they are placed, but users can also define specific permissions that are assigned only to a specific file.

Some versions of Windows have an account named "Administrator" that is disabled, but since it's disabled, it can't do anything. As Chris said, "PLEASE, MIcrosoft, STOP!!!!!!! Select the Security tab. you could try here This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Full Control allows you to read, write, modify, execute, change attributes, permissions, and take ownership of the file. Network Permissions Windows 10 The Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box appears. Permissions are a method for assigning access rights to specific user accounts and user groups. Share Permissions and NTFS Permission In Windows there are two types of file and folder permissions, firstly there are the Share Permissions and secondly there are NTFS Permissions also called Security

How To Set Permissions On A Shared Folder In Windows 7

Can you give us an example of this? http://newwikipost.org/topic/peUIAjdQ4bYGCROuz8tYPyLz32Zas3mH/Network-Drive-permissions.html Advanced sharing will be explained in detail, in lesson 7. Windows 7 Sharing Permissions Another Computer From that window, select the shared drive for your area or department (S Drive or W Drive). Windows Share Permissions Best Practices In the Enter the object names to select text box, type the name of the user or group that will have access to the folder (e.g., 2125.engl.498.001 or [email protected]).

If you double click on a user you can add them to a Security Group on the Member Of tab. weblink For example, in Windows 7 all user accounts are local accounts. How to tell them apart? Modify allows you to read, write, modify, execute, and change the file's attributes. User Permissions Windows 7

problem solved, right? –wizlog Jul 31 '11 at 6:06 If your sure that all networks are classified this way, then you really shouldn't need to worry unless you changed Hot Network Questions Maximal run length in base-2 representation of n Word for making a basic mistake in your field of expertise? What does this traffic sign with a crossed-out black octagon mean? navigate here There are three network locations: Home, Work, and Public place.

How so? Windows 7 Permissions Full Control User groups are managed automatically by Windows and you won’t need to fiddle with them, even though you can if you are an administrator. In Windows 8.x you can quickly differentiate local user accounts from Microsoft accounts by looking at whether they use an email address or not.

However it doesn't allow any changes to be made.

Possible values for this sections of the SID can be: 0 - Null Authority 1 - World Authority 2 - Local Authority 3 - Creator Authority 4 - Non-unique Authority 5 Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:30 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote Thanks for the follow up, I still have some questions about this actually. Local accounts can be administrators or standard user accounts. Windows 7 User Groups Permissions September 17, 2011 ga4a this is all so confusing.

No matter what permissions you use there are differences so lets take a look to get a better understanding on when we should use what. BTW, @ Homegroup…. Select the folder or file you wish to adjust/view permissions for. his comment is here This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Following some of what was posted, I have set these options: >Under HomeGroup connections:I amusing user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers >user must have a user account and The are a herd of others that feel the same as I do, as well. If you are not the owner of the folder or have not been granted permission by the owner, all checkboxes will be gray. Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, April 11, 2011 5:53 AM Unmarked as answer by Endersc Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:53 PM Monday, April 04, 2011 6:43 AM Reply |

When you use the “Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers” option, it will use your user account and password when accessing other computers and not use the So I then went into the folders security tab under properties, shared it with everyone by granting full access while I was the administrator, including under the advanced properties in the When dealing with folders, it allows the reading and writing of files and subfolders, plus the deletion of the folder. How-To Geek Articles l l What's New in Windows 10's Creators Update, Arriving Spring 2017 How to Repair Windows Bootloader Problems (If Your Computer Won't Start) How to Control Which Websites

As you will learn in future lessons, this user group is very useful when you have a network with very diverse devices and operating systems. Press [Enter] or click off of the folder. Telecom: includes terms primarily for traditional voice communication through wire-lines . Edit to add info I should have included above: -My pc is set to treat all networks as Public, except my home wifi which is classified as Home type.

So lets take a look at the typical format in which you will see SIDs in Windows. Near the bottom right of the Properties dialog box, click Advanced. Select the Security tab. Here's how they all work together.